Cooking Healthy And Delicious Food For Weight Loss
Men and women who are trying to lose weight often wonder if it is possible to cook healthy but yet delicious food. What comes to your mind when you think about a diet? We bet that you imagine starvation, constant emotional and physical breakdowns, lack of energy, poor diet, and tasteless food. However, even the strictest diet can bring joy if followed correctly! And who said that you can’t eat delicious food and lose weight at the same time?! In this article, we will teach you how to make healthy and delicious food that stimulates weight loss and give top four examples of easy to make fat-burning recipes!
Losing weight—and keeping the pounds off—isn’t a fast or simple process, but a few simple diet tips can come in handy and help to simplify it. Some of the most popular tricks assume eating lots of fiber, healthy carbs, and protein, which together make a perfect mix that boosts your metabolism and helps to feel full during the whole day.
How to include these fat-burning ingredients into your daily menu? If you are new to this and don’t have deep knowledge of proper nutrition, take a look at these recipes! Each of the recipes provided below includes at least one calorie-burning ingredient that will help you to lose weight fast and easily, and the best thing is that they all can be made within 30 minutes or even less!
1) Broccoli & Feta Omelet with Toast
This is a delicious and easy recipe for breakfast, which takes just 15 minutes to cook, and thanks to the unique mix of healthy components it will provide you with energy and vitamins for the whole day, meanwhile burning extra pounds!
The broccoli provides your body with fiber (and contains only 30 calories per serving), while the protein-loaded eggs curb appetite and will help to avoid overeating in the morning.
You will need:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese,
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 slices rye bread, toasted
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat and coat it with cooking spray. Add broccoli, and cook 3 minutes.
- Combine egg, feta, and dill in a small bowl. Add egg mixture to pan. Cook 3 to 4 minutes; flip omelet and cook 2 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with toast.
2) Honey Grapefruit with Banana
If you want to slim down or keep up a good shape, there is nothing better for you than a fruit salad, which is equally good for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Many studies have shown that grapefruit is one of the most effective products for weight loss!
Moreover, grapefruit is deceptively filling. Among other fruits, grapefruit has one of the highest level of water concentrations (about 90% of its weight is water), and all that juice fills you up fast and prevents overeating.
For this recipe cut banana and grapefruit, mix and season your salad with a bit of honey.
3) White Bean & Herb Hummus with Crudites
This rich in fiber dish takes only about 5 minutes to cook and it is a much healthier alternative to the supermarket hummus! You will need only 4 ingredients: olive oil, lemon, chives, and—last but not least—white beans, which contain nearly 4 grams of resistant starch per serving.
Pair with assorted raw vegetables, like broccoli, to get even more fiber and fat-burning resistant starch from this wholesome snack.
You will need:
- 1/4 cup canned white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Assorted raw vegetables, such as chopped broccoli florets, sliced green and red peppers, and baby carrots
- Mix chives, beans, oil, and lemon juice in a bowl. Mash with a fork until smooth.
- Serve with 1/2 cup raw vegetables.
4) BBQ Turkey Burgers
This amazing recipe of fat-burning burgers is a perfect source of lean protein and a favorite weight-loss food of Jillian Michaels, Biggest Loser trainer and Health magazine cover model.
“Lean protein helps you stay fuller for longer,” Michaels tells us. “It has the amino acids that are the building blocks for muscle.”
You will need:
- 1 pound ground dark-meat turkey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices sweet onion, grilled
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 (1.6-oz) sesame seed buns, toasted
- In medium bowl, mix together garlic, cumin, turkey, and paprika.
- Form turkey into 4 (4-inch) patties; season with salt and pepper.
- Heat grill to medium-high; cook, turning once, until burgers are just cooked through (about 7 minutes per side). Serve with desired toppings and buns.